- www.yoursubdomain.yourcompany.com — this is a sub-domain. See CNAME below to add CNAME records.
- www.yourcompany.com — this is a full domain. See (A)HOST below to add (A)Host records.
CNAME — Set-up a custom sub-domain
- Add a single new CNAME record using the following two pieces of information.
- HOST: Enter your preferred sub-domain.(i.e. press)
- POINTS TO: Enter “totemapp.net”
- In the example above, “yoursubdomain” would be the subdomain. We strongly recommend using “press” as your sub-domain.
- Log-into your DNS registrar and find the Zone Records of the domain you wish to use.. You’ll need to add two(2) separate (A)Host records using the following pieces of information.
- HOST: For both records, enter “@”
- POINTS TO: Pick any two IP addresses from the list below and enter one address in per record.
To Set-up a primary domain, you will also have to add a CNAME record to supplement the (A)Host record. See CNAME instructions above. For a primary domain set-up, use the following "HOST" and "POINTS TO" values:
- HOST: www
- POINTS TO: totemapp.net
LASTLY — Update your settings
If you are a user of the new Totem 2.0 app, please email our Concierge team to update your custom URL settings, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a user on the legacy Totem 1.0 app, the last step you need to take after creating your approproate zone record is entering the "Custom Domain" you wish to use for your press page within your press apge settings. To do this:
- Within your Totem dashboard, click the "Customize" tab for the given press page you wish to edit. (NOTE: your press page must be upgraded to PRO to see the "Customization" tab)
- In the "Accessing your Page" section of the "Customization" tab, find the "Custom Domain" field.
- Enter the customer Sub-domain or Full URL you wish to use for your press page.
- Click "Save" to save your changes.
Once you have added the appropriate Zone Records and Custome Settings for your domain, make sure you save your changes. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for these changes to apply to your domain.